Saturday, August 28, 2021

Apocalypticism

 For over 2,000 years Christians have been saying, to some degree, that the end of the world is just around the corner. It seems to accelerate when global tensions arise, but never really subsides. I know in my experience many Christians welcome this, and there are some evangelicals working to bring about the end of the world. Scary enough some of these very people are in high levels of the government, actively working on bringing about the return of Christ and the end of the world. There is a Netflix special about a group called “The Family International” working in high government positions doing this very thing, the special I believe is called The Family and is worth watching.


My question is, why? Why are so many Christians hell bent on bringing about the end of the world? I think its simple. Subconsciously they know something is fundamentally wrong with the way things are, i.e. civilization, and are seeking an escape from it. Christianity offers this escape. The end comes and those chosen few get to spend eternity outside of this rotten civilization. That is my fundamental take on this issue. I think if Christians could be shown primitivism it would help quell these feelings a bit and maybe give them a more constructive outlook rather than such a destructive and self serving one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment